Steps for Integrating IIS (5 and above) with Tomcat (5 and above)
1. Download the Tomcat IIS Connector (Jk2 binaries) from one of the mirrors
3. From IIS perspective I assume that the default web site is running and you need to redirect all URIs related to Servlets and jsps for Tomcat to execute them i.e URIs of the form
These are the steps to be executed from Tomcat and IIS.
1. Since the default web site is running, invoking the install4iis.js
(<IIS_CONNECTOR_HOME>/bin directory) will be straightforward.
2. Configuring the jakarta filter:
To do this one should create a new virtual directory from the IIS management console.
1. Goto Settings -> Control Panel -> Administrative tools -> Internet Information Services
2. Expand the Local Computer icon.
3. Expand Web sites folder and Default Website.
4. Under the Default Web site create a new virtual directory.
1. Right click Default Web site -> Click New -> Virtual Directory -> Next
2. In the (Alias) Text field enter the name as jakarta and Click next
3. Enter <IIS_CONNECTOR_HOME>/bin as the directory path and Click Next
4. Select read, run scripts and execute access permissions, Click Next and Finish.
5. Configure workers2.properties file:
This file is used to configure the connector properties, the URI pattern to be filtered, and details of the IP address and the port where the Tomcat connector is listening, etc.To map URIs of the form /Servlets-examples and /jsp-examples for Tomcat, the following settings need to be specified in the workers2.properties file.
Create a file workers2.properties in <IIS_CONNECTOR_HOME>/conf directory with the following settings.
# Example socket channel, override port and host.
# define the worker
# Map the default Tomcat directory to the Web server uri space
6. Now you are set to execute the IIS Tomcat connector installation script install4iis.js. Either double click install4iis.js or execute it in command line as windows script using
Wscript //E:Jscript install4iis.js
The installation process using install4iis.js will take 10 – 15 steps. Click Ok for all messages in the message box one
after another and finally check for the message
Filter [jakarta] set. Click Ok to complete the installation.
Note: By Default the install4iis.js configures the filter (jakarta, the virtual directory configured above) for the Default
Web Site. If you want to configure the filter for other sites, you need to use the appropriate command line options.
For more help, type Wscript //E:Jscript install4iis.js –h.
7. Restart IIS (In IIS Management console, right click Local Computer -> All tasks -> Restart IIS).
8. To check the configuration of the filter, in the IIS Management console, expand Local Computer -> Web Sites and Right click Default Web Sites and Click Properties and ISAPI Filters tab. There you should see the green status of the jakarta filter indicating that the filter is loaded.
Once the above procedures are completed correctly, then typing
http://127.0.0.1/servlets-examples in browser will fetch the Tomcat page http://127.0.0.1:8080/servlets-examples and http://127.0.0.1/jsp-examples will fetch http://127.0.0.1:8080/jsp-examples page. Try executing the sample Servlets and jsp examples through IIS Connector and check the results.